Sunday, September 12, 2010

Most Gorgeous Weekend

We couldn't have asked for a better weekend.  Sunny and warm with little bugs.  I think I got an overdose of vitamin D... so that should last me for the next 45 days of straight rain.

Alisha and I took quite a few walks this weekend and took some pictures of the fog that would not lift until after 12pm.  We also got to see a fogbow... when the fog/mist creates an arch... but without the color.  It was pretty interesting to look at.  I wonder what is at the end of a fogbow....

There was some bad news this weekend.  On one of our walks, my dog Suka was attacked by a dog 5 times his size.  We were so surprised!  This dog came running from the other side of the road and pounced on Suka.  I was shocked for a second or two, then got my wits about me and threw my coffee at the offending dog.  It separated them for two seconds then they were at it again.  I made kicking motions and stomped toward the fight scene and the dog finally got off of Suka.  I was so furious.  I walked up to the house where the dog came from and had a talk with a gentleman (who was not the real owner, but he apologized and even offered to refill my coffee).  He was put back in his cage and we walked on.  Suka is fine, by the way.  He just got a little puncture by his manhood area.

I think it might be a good idea to keep my cell phone on me to call the dog catcher whenever I see a dog off it's leash.  I'm tired of people not being responsible pet owners.  Keep your dogs on a leash, in your house, or in a cage.

On a lighter note, my Yankee Candle box came in and made my weekend.  I ordered some fall scents since I can't be home for fall.  I have one lit now called orange spice.  Smells wonderful.

No comments: