Thursday, March 12, 2009

Iditarod


The Iditarod was one of the greatest experiences to date. It was so exciting watching all of the dogs jumping around, barking at eat other, ready to start the race. We volunteered as dog handlers and had to take a class before we were allowed to handle. I was able to handle for my favorite musher: Sebastian Schnuelle :) I got his autograph on my arm band and we got our picture taken together. I'm so obsessive because that picture is now sitting on my desk at school... but, ah well. As soon as i get a digital copy of the picture, I'll post it here. I would volunteer again. It would have been nice to see the real start in Willow, but I had to catch a plane that evening to go back home. My friends Jess and Kara had fun too. They were able to handle dogs for Mitch Seavey's son Dallas. They like Sebastian, but they've decided that their musher was younger and cuter, so now I think he is their favorite. Overall, what a cool experience and I recommend everyone to try it.

No comments: