Friday, June 11, 2010

Grill Out


That's me trying to control Suka. I think he was a little nervous about the flames. I went into Anchorage a couple of weeks ago and brought a little grill back. I tried to bring charcoal on the plane, but that was not allowed. I left my bag of Kingsford by the garbage can. Hopefully someone grabbed it as they were walking out. The grill is the perfect size for my little house. I invited a friend over to christian the grill with steak, asparagus, and peaches. It was a very delicious dinner. So, I think I've got steak down, and next time I'll try some chicken... maybe kabobs, and more fruit.

The bugs are so nasty here though. They cling to my door and walls outside of the house. Today after work, I took some mosquito repellent and sprayed around the door. I don't know if it will work though. It was a little gratifying to spray them and see the little suckers flutter to the ground. I bought some coils and mosquito repellent sticks at the store. They don't seem to be working, what with the wind blowing around by the lake. I'd like to get a couple of large citronella candles and set those outside of the door. That might do the trick. Well, how much more can you talk about mosquitos?

1 comment:

alisha said...

wow! super new background!