Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Lovin'

That is I am lovin' summer right now. I'm getting anxious to leave. I've packed way ahead of time, even getting Suka's things ready. Yes, he has his own travel bag. I already gave him heart worm medicine and tick and flea drops. He's pretty much ready, except for the sedatives I'll be giving him right before we leave for the airport. I've got a few extras incase our car ride together is rough on the way home. Lets hope he does fine.

I'm almost finished packing. Just finishing up some laundry and doing a little cleaning around the house. One of my pet peeves is coming home to a dirt place. When I come back home, the only thing I want to do is unpack, not spend time cleaning up a mess I've left.

I'll only be gone for 29 days and will return late in July. I wanted to be home early to help out with the fall inservice and to get my classroom ready for kindergarten. There are some new pieces of furniture I need to move around, and some new ideas I want to implement. I am going to do kindergarten a bit different this coming year. I have some new things to focus on, and my main goal will be to get parents involved in the classroom. Save that for another blog.

So, my summer plans include visiting family, bonfires, cooking outside, trip to Mackinaw Island, movies, dollar store shopping, and cleaning my old room. 29 days seems like a long time, but I already know my time will be short. I guess there will be time to rest when I come back to AK! The only thing I am not looking forward to is the yucky... muggy... sticky... 90F weather.

No comments: