Friday, November 9, 2007

Turkey Plans

Since I can't go home for Thanksgiving, I thought it would be nice to visit Becky in Newtok. Its about an hour away on a snowmachine ride I think. Someone's mom in the village is coming to visit and is going to cook an awesome dinner, so, it'll be great to eat some home cookin'. I told my mom where I was going for Thanksgiving and she asked if they eat turkey or whale for dinner.:) I explained that we'll be having a traditional dinner (thank goodness). Thanksgiving isn't the same without turkey, and mashed potatoes.... and football:) So, Angie and I will be 'leaving on a jet plane'.... to Newtok as soon as school gets out on Wednesday the 21st. I have to make lesson plans for the next week incase the weather is bad and I don't make it back on Sunday. I'm excited to go because Becky has told me that her village is crumbling into the ocean and they have to rebuild a new one! So, it will be neat to see what the village looks like.

No comments: