Sunday, November 4, 2007

Ice Toss


It was a busy Saturday. We had to get a flu shot, go to a Candle Light Party, and then go to a Halloween party. I thought the candle party was at 3 when it was actually at 5, so we had a few hours to kill. Erin and I decided to go down to the river and crack some ice. So, we spent about an hour throwing ice chips and rocks into the ice. We also tried to throw rocks onto giant ice flows that were heading down river. Erin got a couple of rocks on the ice flow, where as my pictching arm wasn't in prime shape so I couldn't throw past the shore. It was fun being destructive for an hour or so. but, I started getting cold 'cause I didn't wear all of my proper winter clothing, so we had to head to the Log Cabin for some coffee. Then we just sat there until it was close to 5 and we could leave again. The candle party was fun. I ended up spending money I probably shouldn't have, but some of the stuff was for Christmas presents. So, I did a good deed. After the candle party, we traveled over to a Halloween party that was rockin'. It was a good time, but I wasn't feeling well, so I mostly laid around the whole time. Erin, however, had the time of her life:) It was nice to get to know people outside of school. Overall, it was a great, busy weekend. Now, since it's Sunday, I have to get down to business and start all the parent/teacher conference work.

No comments: