Thursday, November 22, 2007

Newtok


We finally made it to Newtok after "iffy" weather and a plane that had malfunctions. The town has about 400 people in it. Angie and I are visiting my friend Becky from my hometown. We've already had a group get-to-gether with some natives and friends, we've had a Thanksgiving feast with the community and had a small get-to-gether with other teachers. So far, it's been a wonderful Thanksgiving. Becky has shown me how to use the incinolet :) I'll take a picture of it and post it later, because it is quit a contraption! We've been invited to steam too. I'm a little nervous but excited! They say that when you steam, you feel the cleanest you've ever felt when you are done. So, I can't wait. I'll probably write all about that too! So far, we are having a wonderful time! I just hope the weather stays clear.

No comments: