Friday, July 23, 2010

Good Times with the Dogs


Suka had the most awful plane ride experience.  I thought I sedated him enough, but two pills did not work.  So, on the way home, I will be giving him at least three pills to calm his butt down.  He wouldn't stop panting the whole first week we were home.  But now, with only a few days left in Michigan, I think he's gotten used to the weather.

Here is a picture of my brother with our dog Annabell.  She is a slobbery boxer with little social skills.  She wanted to play, sniff, and jump on Suka.  Suka, of course, did not like this and acted like he wanted to bite her head off.  So, we never put them in the same room together.  Suka did get along with other dogs after a while.  He seemed to like the smaller kind.

Everyone loved Suka though.  My family wanted to keep him and let me take the annoying beagle.  I said no, I love my Suka.  Although I did not love him this morning when I had to give him a flea bath!  I don't think his Frontline medicine is working.  He doesn't seem to be itching a whole lot, but there are fleas all over his body.  I gave him a bath this morning and I'll probably give him another couple before we leave.  The last thing I want is to have fleas in my house.  I hate fleas!  I guess this is one reason to live in Alaska... there are no ticks or fleas :)

No comments: