Friday, July 23, 2010

Pontoon Alley on Wixom Lake






It was the 4th of July and Wixom Lake was completely full!  Boats were everywhere.  Kids were tubing and flying off into the water.  College kids were drinking up a storm and listening to loud music.  And, my family is in the pontoon, slathering up sunscreen and getting ready to wade in the water.  No matter who much sunscreen we put on though, our skin got burnt!  I mean, look at the picture with my Aunt, and sister Lydia.  She is toasted!  I got a little red, but I continually put lotion on it because I really hate to peel.

We had such a great time.  The weather was perfect, the sun was warm, I was sucking down water and watching beautiful men stroll by :)  We stayed out there for the whole afternoon.  The only reason we had to go in was because my sister Lydia made my cousin watch her kids, and we've been out on the boat for at least 5 hours... so we felt a little guilty for staying out so long.

So, after our long afternoon out on pontoon alley, we spent the rest of our night watching fire works, kicking the bonfire, lighting sparklers, drinking, laughing, and spending time together.  The 4th of July is like Christmas at my Grandpa's house.  Everyone comes over!  Even the neighbors were bringing their guitars over and joining in the unexpected bout of singing Beatles and country songs.

As far as food goes, I found these gigantic marshmallows that are three times the size of a regular marshmallow.  Of course I had to buy them.  These marshmallows required two full graham crackers and at least five pieces of chocolate.  We had to make sure to cook them 'til they were bloody burnt, or else the inside of the marshmallow would not be mushy enough to squish down.  They were pretty fun to eat.  One of these was enough to fill me up on s'mores for the whole night.  Delicious!

No comments: