Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thank goodness for no fleas in Alaska!

So I am back home after roaming Michigan for the past 29 days.  I left beautiful 85F sunny, muggy weather to come back to 50F cloudy, misty/rainy weather here in Bethel.  Ah, sure it's great to be back.  It's good to see that my plants did not pass away while I was gone (although I did leave them outside for nature to take care of... and a friend was in charge of watering a few).  The grass is a little long 'cause my landlord hasn't had time to mow it yet (he's probably been too busy out on the river).  I notice that their boat is gone for most of the evening.

It's nice to be back in my home, in my own bed.  I missed my bed, even though it is an air mattress (the most comfiest air mattress you could ever lay on).  The last few days at my mom's house, I had to sleep on the downstairs couch because my bedroom was infested with fleas!  Not from Suka, but from my sister's cat.  My sister had her cat living up in the room raising a small liter of kittens and spreading her fleas all over the carpet.  Suka took his medicine during our trip so I wasn't that worried about the fleas... until he started itching.  It was the funniest thing!  He's never experienced fleas before and he would itch himself then look at his foot to see what the hell was going on.  I took pity on him and gave him a few flea baths.  I haven't noticed any emigrants on him, so I think we've killed them off.  Thank goodness!  I hate fleas.

I have been trying to finish this online reading fundamentals class that I started last fall.  It is incredibly boring and not very interactive.  I guess that's what I get for taking an online class.  You basically read the material and take an exam.  I've done two of five exams... and I hope to be finished by the time school starts.  One good thing about these online classes, you can pick your own timeline to complete the course... so thank goodness I gave myself a full year to complete it!  And early next week I hope to travel into my classroom and begin rearranging my area.  That is my favorite part of the year... at the beginning where you can reorganize your room and make improvements from last year.  I'd like to be really ready this year since I will be starting kindergarten again.

No comments: