Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fiddle Dance


I volunteerd at the NYO fiddle dance last week. It was a neat little experience. I thought it would be more fast paced-- like a slow Whiskey Barrel (some hot counrty bar that I miss dearly), but it was a slow two-step dance the whole night. It was cute seeing elders dancing with each other and little kids hopping around to their own rythm. I almost... Almost danced with an older gentleman, but I explained my work at the concession stand was too important for me to leave. *sigh* He wasn't an elder so I didn't feel bad for turning the offer down. I mean, if the lights were down a little, or if everyone wasn't watching your every move, then maybe I would have danced. But, there was good company and good music so I had a wonderful time. I thought it was also interesting that there was a wide range of people there. Elders, young kids, teenagers, and middle aged people were all there dancing. They all liked the same music, or was just there to see who made an appearance. But it's neat to see everyone together having fun whereas, if I were still in MI, there would have been two separate dances, or it would have been uncomfortable if there were a mix of ages together. Ya get my meaning? If not, then send a message and I'll explain more.

No comments: