Saturday, September 15, 2007

My First Real World Pay Check



:) Yes, I finally got it. We had a surprise meeting after school. I was in the middle of testing a student for first grade when my principal came behind me, and said in his most principally voice, "Ms. McDaniel, I need to see you immediately." So, like a scared first year teacher, I told the student I'd be right back and to go make a mess of the toys in the back of my room. I walk into the room and everyone is there clapping as I and another fellow first year teacher walked in. He handed us our checks and congratulated us on making our college experience a successful one. I blushed and all that good stuff when attention is directed at you. We took a couple of pictures to share our joy. So, the second picture where I am staring at my check, figuring out how much money they have taken out, I sort of have a smile on my face, but I'm really trying to keep it together and not cry in front of everyone! *sigh* It's the biggest paycheck I've ever gotten, so I'd better be happy and shut up about it! Now, I get to go spend it on rent, food, and loans.

No comments: