Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bethel Spring

So, I woke up this morning and found 3 inches of snow outside of my home. The snow kind of crushed my springy feeling. It feels like we should start singing Christmas songs again.

Some good news though, I have bought my ticket home this summer with my miles. Bethel to Chicago, 40,000 miles. I haven't decided if I should fly from Chicago to Lansing or if I should rent a car and drive the 3 1/2 hours home. Driving would be quite an adventure with Suka. He can't even behave in a 5 minute cab ride. So, I'll be home for the month of July. July in Michigan is the best. Bon fires, fire works, family sitting around drinking and playing cards, road trips to Mackinaw Island, skate park with my brother, playing with my nephews in the backyard, and mowing my grandpa's lawn. I can't wait.

School is also finished in three weeks. I have had this group of kids for 2 years. It has been a long two years. I am going to be sad yet happy to see them go on to second grade. But, I will also be glad to get a new group of students. This group of kids have been wonderful, but they came with some challenging baggage. I learned, with this group of kids, that you can never please everyone. They will always find something at fault with your teaching and will probably always share the negative aspect of your teaching instead of informing you of the positive things you have done for their child. But, these experiences make you a better teacher and help reinforce why you decided to become a teacher.

Overall, spring in Bethel is a good thing. It means time for some change.

No comments: