Monday, May 3, 2010

Less than three weeks of school left....

So, we've got about 14 days left of school and I am definitely feeling the crunch. I've been testing my students since the end of second quarter, but I still feel behind. So many indicators to complete and so much content to cover! I never feel satisfied at the end of the school year. Yet, I don't want the end of our year to be negative. We have had an awesome year. Hatching eggs, learning about plants, migration posters, field trips, showcases. We were a pretty successful classroom.

Our end of the year potluck is coming up. Our theme will be family and celebrating Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Grandparent's Day all in one afternoon. I'll probably get teary-eyed too. That's what you get when you have the same class for two years. Your really get to know your kids. You get to know their families, behaviors, problems, jokes, attitudes, mood swings, accomplishments. So much time is spent together. So, I want to make sure I end our year on an awesome note.

No comments: