Friday, May 14, 2010

Strange Week

It's been kind of an interesting week. The weather for one. Warm, beautiful weather, then rainy and even snowy the next hour! Let's hope this weekend will be a gorgeous one. There is a Fun Run at the cultural center that I hope people will go to. I've asked a few ladies from work to join me on the 5K. I only plan to walk/jog some of the time.

School was incredibly busy. I've been testing all week, while still trying to keep up with instructional time. I was lucky to have parent volunteers in my classroom this week to help out with the busy-end-of-the-year-stuff. One of my parent volunteers brought me a gift. They are awesome parents and support what I do in my classroom. The gift was very unexpected and I got very teary-eyed when I opened it. The gift was a beautiful opal necklace (which all my kids know of my opal rings I wear everyday). It was thoughtful and very generous. The volunteer gift I planned to give out at our potluck seems so small now.

My kids did so well on their showcase. There were so many parents in the gym. I was so happy to see them come and support their children. The kids worked hard on using their actor/actress' "voice." Now they are a little prepped for our potluck presentation next week.

The federal papers for my job this summer are finally completed. There was a discrepancy with my previous addresses, so I had to fax a new copy over. I did not realize so much paper work went into getting a federal job. I suppose I should have realized this, but it seemed a 30 day, summer job, would be a simple hiring task. Nope. A giant packet was mailed to me. It was worth the hassle though. I am looking forward to my summer job: making themed lesson kits for U.S. Fish and Wildlife. It will be a nice change from teaching 21 students, to working on the computer/researching all day.

And, lastly, it has been brought up to me that someone is inquiring about my teaching skills. I do not know the particulars, but I get the feeling that these inquiries are not positive. It is a little disappointing to see this happening. But, there is nothing I can do or want to do about it. People are who they are.

I think next week will be so much better. The last week of school is usually the best time with the kids.

No comments: