Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day Project

This is one "holiday" I love to do in my class. We worked on some special stuff today for the moms. The kids work extra hard on these kinds of crafts because they know it will be going home to mom. We had a little discussion about how mom's like to keep their children's work so they can look back over the years and see how much their children have changed. I still remember making Mother's Day cards, flowers, vases, poems, wall hangings, and hand pictures. My mom still has that special school box in our attic. So, I want to give my students the same experience I once had, and I want their mother's to appreciate how special and unique their children are.

One of my students told me his mom still has the flower that we planted in kindergarten! Awesome!

No comments: