Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Volunteers/Changes

I have been blessed this year with having the best volunteers for my classroom. I've also had the best parent support in the classroom this year. It's great to have parents come in and work with the children and help out the teacher. It's great to have them know what we are working on in the classroom and support what you are teaching. The classroom is a different atmosphere than home, so it's interesting for parents to see what their child is like with twenty other students.

The educational system is changing in this town because of our 5th year without AYP. The community has been informed through board meetings. Also, there are so many changes happening in the school district. New math curriculum and program, reading program, two language programs, and a new grading system. It is great to know that your classroom parents support the positive changes the school district is doing to improve our AYP. These changes are challenging for the teacher and for the students. The school needs all the support it can get. I hope next year I can have an awesome group of parents like I have had this year.

No comments: